It Is Never Just a Job
We believe that our people are our biggest asset. Passionate, enthusiastic, and competent employees are what make the L&L Products family a success and a great place to work.
Want to become a family member?
Machine Repair - Midnights
FulltimeWest Columbia, MI Posted on September 8, 2021
Job Title: Machine Repair
Reports to: Facilities and Maintenance Manager
Would you like to work for a company where ambitious spirits and creativity thrive? L&L Products offers a culture that grows talent and flourishes with innovation. It is a place where you are encouraged take control of your own professional development by using L&L’s extensive training opportunities to craft solutions to the industry’s hottest problems. Here is where quality of work, product and relationships are a priority.
L&L Products is built on the basic philosophy that good people working together, listening to each other’s ideas with an open mind and everyone wanting to do a little better each day will ensure our success. Our existence is full of wise principles, sacrifices and victories, laughs, and lasting memories that tell exactly who we are. How we came to be the great company, the caring family that we are today.
What you’ll do: In the Machine Repair role, you will be responsible for the efficiency and repair of all manufacturing production and nonproduction equipment.
Duties / Responsibilities of this position:
- All machine electrical installation.
- Perform preventive maintenance.
- Identify root cause of machine failure.
- Work in a safe and efficient manner. Constantly monitor area for safety hazards and housekeeping issues and work with appropriate personnel to resolve these issues quickly.
- Recommend any corrections or improvements that will eliminate reoccurrence of the root causes.
- Implement approved corrections and/or improvements to machines.
- Follow-up and verify root cause correction to assure permanent corrective action.
- Complete all associated documentation, including work order systems and business management systems.
- Contribute to the plant’s continuous improvement efforts.
- Ensure production & related equipment is in a safe and nonhazardous working order to prevent injury to personnel and/or damage to equipment.
- Skills relative to electronic calibration of in-house control devices desired.
- Request equipment as needed to wire machines. Use any equipment for which the individual is qualified, as needed to wire machines.
- Use whatever predictive tools and techniques needed to prevent machine failures. Request tools and other resources needed but not available to prevent machine failure.
- Use whatever problem identification tools and techniques needed to find the root cause. Request tools and other resources needed but not available to find the root cause.
- Discuss identified root causes with the tooling leader, engineering personnel, or any personnel, or any other personnel that may help to find a solution to correct or improve a machine.
- Repair or improve production machinery using tools and techniques at machine repair's disposal. Request any other resources needed to complete the implementation.
- Use whatever problem identification tools and techniques needed to verify permanent corrective action. Request tools and other resources needed but not available to verify permanent corrective action.
- Shut down & lock out any piece of equipment deemed unsafe until the proper corrective actions have been made.
- Perform and complete calibration procedures as required.
- Request tools and supplies as needed to repair equipment. Properly handle maintenance wastes.
- Responsible for proper repair of process and pollution control equipment.
- Responsible for proper handling of any wastes as generated from repair/maintenance activities.
- High school diploma or GED
- Journeyman status and/or 7-10years machine repair experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience with the following:
- PLC’s, HMI systems, process controls, camera inspection systems, robotic controls
- Machine electrical and automation
- Hydraulics, Servo Hydraulics
- Fabrication and welding
- Blueprint reading
- Ability to efficiently work within computer systems, CMMS systems
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to make difficult decisions in a timely manner
- Demonstrates the ability problem solve and make calculated decisions
- Demonstrates proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
- Achieves thoroughness and accuracy when accomplishing a task through concern for all the areas involved.
- Performance Driven
- Customer Centric
Physical Demands Analysis:
- Frequent lifting or lowering an object from one level to another up to 50 lbs.
- Frequent transporting/carrying an object by hands up to 50 lbs.
- Frequent pushing or pulling by hands up to 50 lbs.
- Frequent climbing stairs
- Frequent gripping of both hands
- Frequent use of small handheld tools
- Frequent standing and walking
- Occasional bending, stooping, twisting or balancing
- Rare crawling or kneeling
- Inside Work – continuous
- Outside Work – occasional
- Hot/Cold – occasional
- Humid/Dry – occasional
- Dust/Vapor Fumes – occasional
- Hazardous Machines – occasional
- Moving Objects – occasional
- Loud Noise – occasional
- Hand Tools – frequent
- Chemicals – frequent
- Must be able to wear the following Personal Protective Equipment (PPE): Safety Glasses, Face Shield, Hard Hat, Fall Protection Harness, Protective Clothing, and Gloves – occasional to continuous (safety glasses)
Never = Not Required/Never (0%)
Rare = Seldom/Rare (Not daily – 1-10%)
Occasional = Minor/Occasional (Less than 3 hours – 11-33%)
Frequent = Required/Frequent (For 3-5 hours – 34-64%)
Continuous = Major/Continuous (More than 5 hours – 64-100%)
- Excellent total compensation package
- 100% company paid medical, dental, and vision
- Onsite medical clinic
- Generous 401K contributions
- Top-notch wellness program with a focus on your total well-being
Equal Opportunity Employer
L&L Products does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, weight, height, marital status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. L&L Products will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in undue hardship.