C’est plus qu’un simple travail
Nous sommes convaincus que nos collaborateurs sont notre meilleur atout. Passionnés, enthousiastes et compétents, - nos salaries à eux seuls - font que la famille L&L Products soit un succès et - un lieu où il fait bon travailler.
Vous voulez faire partie de notre famille ?
FulltimeRomeo, MI Posted on March 11, 2021
Duties / Responsibilities of this position include:
- Serve as company-wide reference and leader for the evaluation and understanding of fracture mechanics, fatigue, creep, stress relaxation, mechanics of materials (including mechanics of composite materials) and mechanical durability of materials and systems.
- Work with applications engineering and modeling areas to evaluate and improve materials, design concepts, and designs.
- This position will be a crucial part of the feedback loop for both material development and product design.
- Identification and recommendation of equipment for mechanical analysis.
- Oversight and responsibility for all equipment in the mechanical testing area.
- Development of characterization methods and techniques.
- Interaction with customers to understand their needs and to communicate test results to their technical staffs.
- Ph.D. degree in Mechanics, Mechanical Engineering, Materials Science or other related field with academic study oriented toward mechanical behavior and mechanical characterization of materials.
- Some post-graduate or industrial experience is preferred.
- Research background in mechanics and a fundamental understanding of fracture mechanics, fatigue behavior, creep, and overall understanding of mechanical response of materials.
- Must be comfortable with a first principles understanding of concepts as well as experimental set-up/design and familiarity with testing equipment, including servo-hydraulic equipment.
- Background and understanding of mechanics of composite materials is highly desirable.
- Understanding and previous use of finite element modeling techniques is desirable but not required.
- Independent thinking to arrive at novel understandings using mechanics fundamentals as a basis is important.
- Performance Driven
- Customer Centric
Physical Demand Analysis:
- Occasional lifting up to 60 lbs.
- Frequent carrying up to 20 lbs.
- Occasional pushing/pulling up to 150 lbs.
- Frequent fine finger movement and handling materials
- Frequent gripping and reaching
- Occasional climbing stairs/step ladder
- Occasional sitting
- Frequent use of computer monitor, keyboard, and computer mouse
- Frequent standing and walking
- Occasional bending, stooping, twisting or balancing
- Rare crawling, kneeling, and crouching