FulltimePune, India Posted on February 12, 2021
Duties / Responsibilities of this position include:
- Interpersonal Skills to work closely with the Internal & External Customers
- Represent L&L as a technical expert in light weighting through structural reinforcement’s and other L&L solutions with both internal and external customers.
- To identify grey areas for application of Light-Weighting / Composite / NVH & other Technologies.
- Developing solutions on Customer Pain areas and other opportunities.
- Proactively seek out, recognize and develop new opportunities for structural product including request to Mechanical Test group for Design Validation.
- Document and communicate all required technical information in a clear and concise manner.
- Willingness to explore and learn new competencies.
- Remain technically current of the vehicle crash safety and NVH development.
- Maintain an organized work area / file.
- Represent L&L in a manner that is in unison with corporate cultural ethics and standards.
- There must be a willingness to travel domestically and internationally to interface with customers, suppliers, and L&L colleagues around the globe.
- Multi-tasker and team player with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Contribute to the profitability of the company’s product portfolio.
- Manage and coordinate all necessary resources to meet program requirements in structural product design stage.
- Engineer low cost and low weight structural reinforcement solutions to meet the customer’s requirement.
- Complete all assigned strategic initiatives.
Expectations/Key performance indicators of this position include:
- Light weighting of the automotive products
- Crash applications
- Material card
- +5 years of experience in CAE department for both safety and NVH.
- Excellent pre & post processing knowledge on CAE Tools.
- Advanced experience in Linear Analysis and Non-Linear Analysis.
- Good understanding of Euro-NCAP, Global NCAP, US-NCAP, IIHS and Indian safety standards is a must.
- Previous work experience in USA and Europe in Crash domain is a plus.
- Ability to work with staff at remote locations and track progress against established project timelines and milestones.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills along with the ability to build relationships with the Product Development teams and the customers.
- General technical computing skills for data analysis, like use of MATLAB or R etc.
- Body design experience is preferred.
- Experienced in improving the vehicle crash safety and NVH performance.
- Familiar with BIW structural and manufacturing process.
- Effective problem-solving skills.
- Ability to communicate proficiently in English (written and oral).
- Postgraduate in engineering preferably from Mechanical / Automobile / Aerospace domain
- Hands on 5-6 years’ experience on Live projects with customers in field of crash, NVH etc. using CAE software (LS-Dyna, Hyper works, Abaqus
- Customer interface