Commitment to Privacy
L&L Products is committed to protecting your privacy.
Most of our webpages can be visited without the need to collect or process any personal data. However, for some pages we need to obtain some of your Personal Data. In some instances, we may have previously obtained your Personal Data through other channels (i.e. trade shows, general business relationships).
L&L Products, Inc.
160 McLean Drive
Romeo, MI 48065, USA
Phone: +1 586 336 1700
Fax: +1 586 336 1699
The Data Controller responsible for the careers page is the regional L&L entity that edited the job posting. You will find the full list by clicking on this link.
For what purpose do we process your personal data?
We collect and process Personal Data for the following purposes:
- Processing your request – in particular responding to a request you sent us (to obtain information on our products, a sales contact, etc.) and, more generally, communicating with you about our products and services;
- Processing your job application;
- Administering and performing surveys, marketing campaigns, market analysis, and other promotional activities and events;
- Use of your rights under data privacy laws.
What data do we process?
According to the purposes for which we collect and process Personal Data, we are likely to process the following types of personal data (hereafter referred to as “Personal Data”):
- Processing your request:
Company data: company name, contact person, postal address, phone number
Contact details: name, email address, phone number.
This Personal Data is collected on a voluntary basis. However, if you do not provide the requested information, we may be unable to process your inquiry.
- Processing your job application: name, email address, postal address, phone number, other data provided in your résumé.
This Personal Data is collected on a voluntary basis. However, if you do not provide the requested information, we may be unable to process your job application.
- Administering and performing surveys, marketing campaigns, market analysis, and other promotional activities and events: name, email address;
- Use of your rights under data privacy laws: contact details: name, email address.
We do not collect your IP address. Your IP address is anonymized before it is used for any statistical purposes (see Google Analytics statement).
Children’s Online Privacy Protection
In some rare circumstances we may collect and process Personal Data from a candidate to a job or internship who is between the age of 15 and 18. We will comply with the same rules as for all other applications.
On what legal basis do we process your Personal Data?
We collect the Personal Data you voluntarily provide us with based on the following legal basis:
- Processing your request: your consent and our legitimate business purpose
- Processing your job application: your consent
- Administering and performing survey, marketing campaigns, market analysis and other promotional activities and events: our legitimate business purpose
- Use of your rights under data privacy laws: your consent and legal obligation
To whom do we disclose your Personal Data?
In addition to the entities of the L&L family of companies, we are likely to share your Personal Data with the following types of third parties:
- Companies providing us with IT services that process such data only for the purpose of such services (e.g., hosting, IT maintenance and support services);
- Non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing and statistics purposes.
How long do we process your Personal Data?
Your Personal Data is stored by us as long as legally required. When there is no clear duration requirement, we store your Personal Data for as long as it is needed for the purposes for which we obtained it. Your Personal Data may be stored longer on backup files that are not active (tape, offsite locations).
According to the purposes for which we collect and process your Personal Data, when you are a candidate, the periods of storage are a maximum duration of 2 years after the last update of your profile, except for countries with shorter storage durations; or longer if you become an L&L employee.
What measures protect your Personal Data?
We adopt appropriate measures to keep your Personal Data confidential and secure. Only authorized staff or agents have access to your Personal Data on a need-to-know basis depending on the reason why we collected your Personal Data. As an example, a candidate’s résumé and personal details will be shared only with the Human Resource team and the employees that will evaluate the application.
Storage of data, including your Personal Data, is managed to prevent any unauthorized access. However, no guarantee is given on the security of the data during transmission via websites or emails.
You also play an important role in protecting your Personal Data and we ask you to be sure to:
- Not share with us in any email, attachment or “comment” section of our webpages any Personal Data that is not absolutely necessary or specifically requested by us to process your request and/or application;
- When requested, choose an account password that would be difficult for others to find and keep such password confidential;
- When using a shared or public computer, not consent to having your login details remembered and ensure that you log out of your account when leaving the computer; and
- Avoid using public Wi-Fi.
Do we transfer your Personal Data?
We do not rent or sell your Personal Data. For marketing, communication and/or event organization purposes, we may transfer your Personal Data to a subcontractor who will send you information and/or invitation(s) to a show or other event, and/or send a newsletter on our behalf.
Also, in order to fulfill the various purposes mentioned here, we may transfer your Personal Data to other countries outside of the USA or the European Union. Such countries may have laws and data protection rules that differ from those that apply in the country in which you are located. We ensure that transfers of your Personal Data will only be made to organizations that guarantee an adequate level of protection.
What rights do you have?
Depending on the location of your residence, you may have the following rights:
- Right to access to your Personal Data
- Right to rectification of your Personal Data if you find that your data is inaccurate or incomplete
- Right to erasure of your Personal Data
- Right to request that your Personal Data is used in a more restrictive way
- Right to object to further processing of your Personal Data.
To help protect your privacy and maintain security, we may take steps to verify your identity before granting you access to your Personal Data. To the extent permitted by applicable law, a charge may apply before we provide you with a copy of any of your Personal Data that we maintain.
For legal or contractual reasons, we may need to retain some of your Personal Data after you have requested deletion. We may also be permitted by applicable laws to retain some of your Personal Data to satisfy our business needs. Your Personal Data will not be deleted from backup files that are no longer active.
We endeavor to satisfy your request regarding your Personal Data. However, depending on your location, should you be unsatisfied with our response, you may have the right to file a complaint with a government regulator or protection authority.
Notice to California Residents: Subject to certain limits under California law, California residents may ask us to provide them with (1) a list of certain categories of Personal Data we have disclosed to third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the immediately preceding calendar year and (2) the identity of those third parties. To obtain this information, please send an email to [email protected] with “California Shine the Light Privacy Request” in the subject line and in the body of your message.
Cookies do not cause any damage to your terminal device and do not contain viruses, Trojans or any other malware.
The cookies are used for security or are necessary to make our online services more user-friendly for you.
When you log on to our website, you are requested to accept cookies.
We categorize cookies as follows:
- Necessary cookies – these cookies are absolutely necessary for the functions of the web pages. Without these cookies we would not be able to offer you the different services available. It is a category of cookies that you cannot uncheck;
- Statistical cookies – these cookies are used for statistical purposes, and you can choose whether you want to allow the use of these cookies or not;
- Marketing cookies – these cookies are used to target advertising to a user (behavioral targeting), and you can choose whether you want to allow the use of these cookies or not.
We use the following cookies on our website:
|Cookie Consent||Google Analytics|
Our website uses YouTube plugins for the integration and display of video content. The provider of the video portal is Google Ireland Limited, Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland ("YouTube").
When calling up a page with an integrated YouTube plugin, a connection to the YouTube servers is established. This tells YouTube which of our pages you have visited.
YouTube can assign your surfing behavior directly to your personal profile if you are logged into your YouTube account. You can prevent this by logging out beforehand. YouTube also stores non-personal usage information in other cookies. If you want to prevent this, you must block the storage of cookies in the browser.
Google is certified under the Privacy Shield Agreement and thus offers a guarantee to comply with European data protection law.
Google will use this information on our behalf to evaluate the use of our online offer by the user, to compile reports on the activities within this online offer and to provide us with other services related to the use of this online offer and the Internet. Pseudonymous user profiles can be created from the processed data.
We use Google Analytics to generate internal reporting. Indeed, using Google Analytics is a tool helpful in the analysis of the behavior users when they log into our website, creating internal reports that help us to improve our website.
We only use Google Analytics with activated IP anonymization. This means that the IP address of the user is shortened by Google within member states of the European Union or in other contracting states of the Agreement on the European Economic Area. The full IP address will only be transmitted to a Google server in the USA and abbreviated there in exceptional cases.
You can find further information on the use of data by Google, settings and objection options on the Google website: www.google.com/intl/de/policies/privacy/partners ("Use of data by Google when you use websites or apps our partners”), policies.google.com/technologies/ads (“Use of data for advertising purposes”), adssettings.google.com/authenticated (“Manage information that Google uses to show you advertising ").
All the data transmitted by you personally is transmitted using the generally customary and secure SSL (Secure Socket Layer) standard. SSL is a secure and tried-and-tested standard that, for example, is also used for online banking. One of the distinguishing features of a secure SSL connection is the “s” at the end of "http" (i.e. "https://. . .") in your browser’s address bar and the lock symbol at the bottom of your browser.
L&L takes various protective measures to ensure the security of your personal information. While these methods are considered to be effective, we cannot guarantee that such information will not be lost, used unlawfully, or modified in a fraudulent manner, since no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be completely confidential. Consequently, we bear no liability for use that may be made of the information by you or any third party.
Changes to this policy
To contact us: [email protected]
Last update: 2 July 2020